- “NPI” is information that is not personally identifiable and that is obtained through Your use of the Services.
- “PII” is non-public information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing a product or service to You. It may include information such as name and address that You provide to BlastPoint.
- Information Collected
When You use the Services, BlastPoint collects NPI such as Your browser type and IP address. Likewise, in order to offer You meaningful products and services and for other reasons, BlastPoint may collect PII about You from the following sources:
- Information You give BlastPoint on applications or other forms while using the Services; or
- Information You send BlastPoint via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If You use a mobile device platform to access the Services or communicate with BlastPoint, information transmitted from Your mobile device; or
- Information purchased from third parties.
- Use of PII
BlastPoint uses and/or intends to use personal information to:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Provide You with the Services and other products and services that You may request or that You have expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate Your interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services BlastPoint makes available to you and potential customers;
- Track use of the Services;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send You reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to You through email messages; and
- Manage BlastPoint’s everyday business needs such as Services administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of BlastPoint’s corporate reporting obligations, Terms of Service or to comply with the law.
- Links/Postings to Other Sites
The Services may contain links to other websites. BlastPoint is not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from the Services. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents to which You must agree to prior to using and that BlastPoint has no control over these legal documents. As always, You understand that it is Your responsibility to verify Your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner
- Market Research
- Use of Aggregate Data
BlastPoint may combine NPI You provide through the Services with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate information does not contain any information that could be used to identify You and does not include Your personal contact information.
- When BlastPoint May Disclose Your Information
Except as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by You, BlastPoint will not disclose any PII as gathered from You through the Services.
- BlastPoint may share PII BlastPoint collects, as permitted by law, to companies such as credit reporting agencies, or servicing and processing companies, or when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement to release this information such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to You or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights, to defend ourselves in litigation. In the event that BlastPoint is legally compelled to disclose Your PII to a third party, BlastPoint will attempt to notify You unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- If You prefer that BlastPoint does not share certain information with its contractors and service providers, as described above, You can direct BlastPoint not to share that information by contacting BlastPoint support@BlastPoint.io. Please note that an opt-out with respect to information sharing will not apply to information sharing arrangements described in Sections 8.A or 8.B.
- Security Policy & User ID/Password
The Services utilize various information security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission, and operating procedures to protect Your personal data, accounts, passwords, etc. This information is kept completely separate and confidential, unless You have given someone-else Your user ID and password. As such, You should protect Your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If You believe Your user ID and password have been compromised and You have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Services, please contact BlastPoint’s technical support department support@BlastPoint.io.
- CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
BlastPoint and its affiliates fully comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from BlastPoint.
- Transfer of Ownership
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
- California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of PII that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of PII that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by BlastPoint pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact BlastPoint via email to support@BlastPoint.io.
- Protecting Children’s Privacy
Use of the Services is limited to Users (as defined in the Terms of Service) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and/or have legal capacity to form a binding contract or, as set forth below, Users who are between fourteen (14) and seventeen (17) years of age with consent of a parent or guardian. BlastPoint strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain PII from the Services from persons under thirteen (13) years of age, and no part of the Services is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any PII of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on the Services without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such PII.
Should You have a privacy question about the Services, please email BlastPoint’s customer service department support@BlastPoint.io.